2016 dating website

10 Mar

The urban fabric is made up of densely-packed traditional houses () with characteristic features such as bird feeders, public wells and religious institutions.Turkey Criteria: (ii)(iii)(iv)(vi) Located in southwestern Turkey, in the upper valley of the Morsynus River, the site consists of two components: the archaeological site of Aphrodisias and the marble quarries northeast of the city.The temple of Aphrodite dates from the 3rd century BC and the city was built one century later.Among them are carved figurines of animals (including cave lions, mammoths, horses and bovids), musical instruments and items of personal adornment.Other figurines depict creatures that are half animal, half human and there is one statuette of a woman.

The centre of interest of the town was the site of Al-Ibrahimi Mosque/The tomb of the Patriarchs whose buildings are in a compound built in the 1st century AD to protect the tombs of the patriarch Abraham/Ibrahim and his family.

This place became a site of pilgrimage for the three monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

The town was sited at the crossroads of trade routes for caravans travelling between southern Palestine, Sinai, Eastern Jordan and the north of the Arabian Peninsula.

Although the subsequent Ottoman Period (1517-1917) heralded an extension of the town to the surrounding areas and brought numerous architectural additions, particularly the raising of the roof level of houses to provide more upper stories, the overall Mamluk morphology of the town is seen to have persisted with its hierarchy of areas, quarters based on ethnic, religious or professional groupings, and houses with groups of rooms organized according to a tree-shaped system.

Russian Federation Criteria: (ii)(iv) The Assumption Cathedral is located in the town-island of Sviyazhsk and is part of the monastery of the same name.

Situated at the confluence of the Volga, the Sviyaga and the Shchuka rivers, at the crossroads of the Silk and Volga routes, Sviyazhsk was founded by Ivan the Terrible in 1551.

The cathedral’s frescoes are among the rarest examples of Eastern Orthodox mural paintings.